Do you have any concerns about the behaviour of one of your team? Has a member of your team come to you with a grievance?
When there is an issue in the workplace, it should be dealt with quickly, efficiently and by following, as a minimum, the ACAS Code of Practice. Having clear Disciplinary and Grievance procedures provides structure and guidance to tackle any difficulties that may arise.
At Dakota Blue Consulting, we understand that there will be occasions where you will need to take formal disciplinary action in the workplace or an employee may come to you with concerns. Throughout these processes, it is key to ensure fairness, consistency and to ensure compliance with employment law. That’s where we can help you.
Our experienced HR Director level consultants can support, advise and guide you through the whole process from the initial investigation stage through to resolution, alleviating any concerns along the way, allowing you to focus on running your business.
Organisations that manage their disciplinary and grievance processes efficiently and effectively create healthy and productive working environments and help to avoid costly and time-consuming employment tribunal cases.
Managing Disciplinary and Grievance procedures fairly and consistently requires the manager to:
- Carry out a thorough investigation to establish the facts of the case
- Be prompt with the process
- Ensure compliant paperwork is kept throughout
- Keep employee informed at each stage of process
- Give the employee opportunity to put forward their case
- Allow employee to be accompanied to any formal meeting
- Allow employee to appeal against any formal decision made
- Always follow the ACAS Code of Practice
Dakota Blue can help you by:
- Developing your Disciplinary and Grievance procedures
- Delivering programmes on
- how to effectively manage employee relations
- how to conduct great investigations
- how to have difficult conversations
- Managing your end to end disciplinary or grievance process to ensure ACAS compliance
Good employment relations practices can prevent many discipline or grievance problems arising. Talk to us today to find out how we can help you develop best practise with:
- Induction training
- Employee Engagement
- Management Development training
and much more.