Are your performance management processes effective?
Effective performance management, which includes appraisals and continuous feedback, should be the anchor of any people strategy. It gives employees clear direction - builds clarity, alignment, engagement and morale.
Organisations who communicate clear expectations of performance and are able to address underperformance in a timely way see greater engagement from employees and better returns to the bottom line.
Managing performance effectively requires managers and leaders to:
- Set clear, stretching, yet achievable goals
- Give continuous feedback, not just in performance reviews
- Align feedback with rewards and consequences
- Coach employees how to achieve goals and develop their skills
- Create actionable development plans, with clear on the job learning goals
- Differentiate performance within the team and communicate this effectively
- Reward and recognise good performance and address poor performance quickly.
Dakota Blue can help you to:
- Develop your performance management structure & tools
- Deliver programmes on how to effectively manage performance
- Ensure alignment of your performance and reward structures
- Use tools and techniques to embed a ‘culture of performance’.
1-to-1 Management Development
We also offer 1-to-1 management development in the form of individual coaching/mentoring sessions.
This is best suited to managers who are unable to attend a full workshop due to time constraints, or for those who are struggling with a particular people managment issue and need some outside guidance and support.